- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:12 minutes
Asparagus Wrapped in Spiced Bacon
Ok. Who doesn’t love bacon? This is a fresh and tasty idea with crisp asparagus and a kick. Enjoy!
- Soak 16 wooden toothpicks in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Place a sheet of wax paper on a sheet pan and set aside. Combine the chili powder and sugar substitute in a small bowl.
- Cut bacon strips in 1/2. Lay them on the sheet pan and dust with the chili powder mixture.
- Wrap three asparagus spears together with one slice of bacon (with the dusted side facing towards the asparagus); securing each end with a toothpick. You should have 8 packets.
- Grill uncovered over medium-low heat for 12 minutes turning halfway through or until bacon is crisp.
- Discard toothpicks and serve immediately. Each serving is 2 wraps.