- 4 cups sweetened oat square cereal or brown sugar-flavored oat biscuit cereal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup dried cherries and/or golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a 15×10-inch baking pan with foil, if desired. In the baking pan, combine cereal and almonds. In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, apple pie spice, and salt. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until almonds are toasted, stirring once during baking. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Stir in dried cherries or raisins. Cool completely. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Makes 5 cups, 20 (1/4-cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 20
PER SERVING: 82 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 3 mg chol., 58 mg sodium, 12 g carb. (1 g fiber), 2 g pro.
Other Carb (d.e): 1; Fat (d.e): 0.5;