- 4 cups crisp mixed vegetable sticks
- 2 cups round toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups bite-size corn square cereal
- 1 3/4 cups pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar*
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho or pasilla chile pepper or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a foil-lined roasting pan combine vegetable sticks, cereals, pretzel sticks, and almonds. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, ancho chile pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Lightly coat cereal mixture with cooking spray, tossing to coat evenly. Sprinkle cereal mixture with spice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toasted, stirring twice. Spread on a large piece of foil to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes 20 (1/2 cup each) servings
- *Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Sweet’N Low Brown or Sugar Twin Granulated Brown. Follow package directions to use amount equivalent to 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Per Serving with Substitute: Same as above, except 91 cal.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 20
PER SERVING: 92 cal., 3 g total fat 214 mg sodium, 13 g carb. (1 g fiber, 1 g sugars), 2 g pro.
Starch (d.e): 1; Fat (d.e): 0.5