- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups walnut pieces, hazelnuts (filberts), and/or whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg white with a fork until frothy. Add rosemary, pepper, and salt, beating with the fork until combined. Add nuts; toss to coat.
- Spread nut mixture in an even layer in the prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Remove foil with nuts from pan; set aside to cool. Break up any large pieces. Store in an airtight container in freezer for up to 1 month. Makes about 3 cups (twelve 1/4-cup servings).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 198 cal., 20 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 102 mg sodium, 4 g carb. (2 g fiber), 5 g pro.
Fat (d.e): 2; High-Fat Meat (d.e): 1