- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups raw whole cashews, whole almonds, walnut halves, and/or pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar or brown sugar substitute* equivalent to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine egg white and the water; beat with a fork until frothy. Add nuts; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large plastic bag, combine brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Add nuts; shake well to coat. Spread nuts evenly in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until nuts are toasted and coating is dry, stirring twice. Transfer to a large sheet of foil. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Sweet’N Low® Brown or Sugar Twin® Granulated Brown. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar.
- *Sugar Substitutes: PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 200 calories, 11 g carb., 2 g sugar.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 206 cal., 16 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 72 mg sodium, 13 g carb. (1 g fiber, 4 g sugars), 7 g pro.
Starch (d.e): 1; Lean Meat (d.e): 0.5; Fat (d.e): 2.5