- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 tomato half
|2||large||ripe beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes|
|2||tsp.||grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half. Scoop out the pulp and seeds, creating a “bowl” with about a ½-inch rim.
- Place the tomatoes cut side up in a greased glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle each tomato half with pepper and cumin. Break an egg into each tomato “bowl.” Sprinkle each egg with ½ tsp of the cheese.
- Bake until the eggs are set, about 25 minutes.