- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups bite-size corn square cereal
- 3 cups bite-size rice square cereal
- 2 cups pretzel knots
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, blueberries, or cherries
- Lightly coat a large piece of foil with cooking spray; set aside. In a large roasting pan toss together corn cereal, rice cereal, pretzels, and almonds; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just begins to bubble. Continue cooking at a moderate, steady rate, without stirring, for 5 minutes more. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 15 minutes; stir cereal mixture and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven; stir in dried fruit. Spread on prepared foil to cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes 36 (1/3-cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 36
PER SERVING: 31 cal., 50 mg sodium, 6 g carb. (1 g fiber), 1 g pro.
Starch (d.e): 0.5